Quality Assurance Engineer - North London
Salary: £37000-£39,000 + location premium, equivalent to £41,440 - £43,500 per annum
Location: North London
You will be responsible for the field-based quality audits that we carry out. Ensuring good working practice and gas regulations are being followed by all our staff. You will need to work closely with the Head of Technical Service and Field Managers to ensure we audit all engineers on a pre-planned rota and action any issues arising.
Swale Heating is one of the largest independent heating companies in the South East of England. We are relied on to keep over 125,000 households across the South East, London and East Anglia safe and warm. This is a unique opportunity to work with a growing, award winning company that is committed to the continuous learning and training of its employees.
WAIT! What’s in it for you?
Our company benefits include:
Fully equipped VW Caddy van, full uniform, safety equipment and relevant training
Access to a range of training courses and qualifications through our Logic accredited training centre
Bespoke working shift pattern
28 days holiday including bank holidays (increased through length of service)
Holiday buy/sell schemes available
Access to discounted boilers and tools through our supply chain
Extra overtime options
Company pension scheme
Employee assistance programme
Engineer leadership development programme
Access to Headspace meditation app & Sodexo benefits portal
We also provide a challenging yet rewarding work environment with opportunities for career development.
What do we need from you?
- CCN1, CPA1, CKR1, HTR1, CENWAT (minimum of six months before expiry)
- Energy efficiency
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 6 – 8 year’s field experience carrying out heating installations
- Experienced in gas auditing
- Demonstrable customer care skills, handling both technical and non-technical issues
- Leadership skills including coaching and counselling team members
- The ability to deliver technical training material or presentations
- Knowledge of Oil, Renewable Technology, Solid Fuel and Electrics (qualifications preferred)
About the role:
- Carry out work in progress inspection audits on all field staff
- Carry out post inspection audits
- Assess competency of engineers in the field
- Identify training needs of those audits that highlight deficiencies
- Occasionally required to follow up on customer complaints and third-party audit failings
- Maintain the standard of best practice in the field
- Provide information in relation to investigations
- Provide on-site training for operatives whilst carrying out audits
- Issue and record corrective action identified in the audit
- Occasionally act as a “buddy” to new engineers to gas
- Manage your own work load and reporting to ensure KPI figures are met
- Work with the SHEQ Team to ensure audit reporting is completed and up to date
- Being a mentor to any apprentice or trainee
- Liaise with SHE Manager regarding PPE checking at audit checks
- Ensure engineers are working within the health and safety Plan
- Report to the SHE Manager and act upon any weakness in safe job procedures, as revealed by health and safety risk assessments and observations
- Customer focus
- Quality orientation
- Safety awareness
- Maintaining work standards
- Continuous improvement
Level: Field based
Hours: 45hrs per week
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
If you would like further information, contact the recruitment team on 01795 513999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, CV’s are viewed on receipt. Therefore, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
Swale Heating Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from every section of the community.
Finding the right job can be tough. Finding the right place to do that job is even tougher. Read more about our culture and whether it’s somewhere that you will not just fit in, but be able to progress as well.
At Swale Heating, we offer more than just your standard benefits package you have probably seen on every business career page. We aim to provide a healthy work-life balance for all of our employees.