Air Source Heat Pump
What is an air source heat pump?
The heat pump uses electricity, so it is not free to use and it is not yet zero carbon. If it runs efficiently it can be cheap to use and will likely be a low carbon heating option for your home.
Benefits of an air source heat pump
- Minimal maintenance required
- Lower carbon emissions
- Likely to reduce your fuel bills
- No fuel deliveries needed
- Can heat your home as well as your water
What should you consider before having an air source heat pump installed?
- You will need a place outside your home where a unit can be fitted to a wall or placed on the ground. It will need plenty of space around it to get a good flow of air.
- Air source heat pumps perform particularly well with underfloor heating systems or warm air heating because they operate at low temperatures. Homes without an existing central heating system will require one to be installed for an air source heat pump to work.
- It is important that your home is well insulated and draught-proofed to minimise heat-loss as air source heat pumps work best when producing heat at a lower temperature than traditional boilers.
If you would like to know more about air source heat pumps and get a personalised quote then please contact us on 0800 731 33 44 or email [email protected].