In September 2020 the Government launched a Green Homes Grant. This will allow homeowners and landlords in England to apply for vouchers worth up to two thirds of the cost of upgrading the energy efficiency of their home. For most, the maximum contribution will be £5,000, however, households on low incomes will be eligible for up to 100% funding, up to a maximum of £10,000.
You have to use the vouchers to install at least one primary home insulation or low carbon heating measure, then you can also use the voucher for a secondary measure. The subsidy for the secondary measure is capped at the value of the subsidy provided for the primary measures. For example, if you receive £400 for a primary measure such as a cavity wall insulation, you will be able to receive a maximum of £400 for a secondary measure such as heating controls.
Low carbon heat:
- Air source heat pump
- Ground source heat pump
- Solar thermal
- Biomass boilers
- Solid wall
- Cavity wall
- Under-floor insulation (solid floor; suspended floor)
- Flat roof
- Room in roof
- Park home insulation
Heating controls and insulation:
- Hot water tank thermostats
- Hot water tank insulation
- Heating controls (e.g. smart heating controls, zone controls, intelligent delayed start thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves)
Windows and doors:
- Draught proofing
- Double/triple glazing (where replacing single glazing)
- Secondary glazing (in addition to single glazing)
- Energy efficient replacement doors (replacing single glazed or solid doors installed before 2002)
The Simple Energy Advice website will recommend which measures may be best suited to your home.
Visit the Simple Energy Advice website to find out the below;
- Check if you’re eligible for a voucher
- Check what improvements may be suitable for your home
- Choose which improvements you would like and see an estimate of how much they may cost
More information on how to apply for a voucher will be made available on GOV.UK in due course.
Swale Heating are one of Kent's largest installers of boilers and heating systems covering the South East, London and East Anglia. We are planning for the future to ensure we deliver the most energy efficient and green solutions for our customers, this is why we are pleased to be an installer for the Government's Green Homes Grant. Find out more about what measures we can help you put in place with the Green Homes Grant here.