23 June 2022
What types of boiler are there?
There are three main types of boiler. When you know a little bit about each one, choosing the right boiler for your home and lifestyle is a lot less confusing.
- A combi boiler is a single unit that delivers both hot water and heating, making them great for small to medium sized homes.
- They heat water directly from the mains whenever you turn your tap on.
- Combi boilers don't need a hot water storage cylinder or cold water storage tank in the loft, so they save a lot of space.
- System boilers need a cylinder for storing hot water, however they don't take up any space within your loft.
- Some of the main heating and hot water components, such as the pump, are built into the boiler itself. So they are quick and easy to install.
- These boilers are ideal for homes with two or more bathrooms, as they can allow you to have multiple showers running at the same time.
- Also known as traditional boilers, need both a hot water cylinder and tank in the roof.
- Regular boilers are perfect for homes where a lot of hot water is used at the same time.
- They are particularly suited to low water pressure areas and for installation onto systems which have lots of old radiators.
Whichever system type is right for your home, we have the perfect boiler for you. If you are looking to get a new boiler installed into your home and would like a free, no obligation estimated price, you can use our online estimator tool here.