Installation terms and conditions
1. References in these conditions to ‘Swale Heating’, ‘we’ and ‘us’ are references to Swale Heating Limited (company number 01076034), whose office is at Heard Way, Eurolink Industrial Estate, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 3SA. References to the ‘customer’ and ‘you’ are references to the person to whom the quotation is addressed.
2. These terms and conditions (‘terms’) tell you how we will provide products and services to you, how you may end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. Please read these terms carefully before placing your order. By placing an order you agree to be bound by these terms.
3. Once you place your order (by telephoning 0800 731 33 44 or by signing and sending the order form to us or by submitting an order online), and your order is accepted by us, a contract between you and us will be formed and that contract will be subject to these terms and the quotation (‘contract’).
4. Swale Heating reserves the right to decline any order at its discretion.
5. Swale Heating reserves the right to cancel any online order, should we find, on arrival at the property, that it is not possible to carry out the work, which has been quoted for and requested by the customer. This decision is entirely at the discretion of Swale Heating. In this scenario a full refund would be provided.
6. The customer warrants that the information they provide during the online purchasing process is true and accurate. If we find any inaccuracies in the information provided by you, then we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for the installation and/or to cancel the contract between you and us. In the event of cancellation a restocking fee, currently £150 inc VAT (subject to change from time to time), will be charged for the aborted installation if you are outside of your cooling off period (see paragraphs 95 to 100). This restocking fee may be deducted from any refund due to you.
7. When placing an online order via our website, we will, if we accept your order, email a confirmation to the email address provided during the ordering process which will confirm:
a. The specification of the work we will carry out
b. The total cost of the installation
c. The arrangements for the delivery of the materials
d. Your cancellation rights and the process to exercise it
e. The appliance guarantee and details of any after sales maintenance cover
f. Our telephone number for any warranty claims and/or breakdowns
8. By placing an order, you are confirming you are the owner of the property detailed in the quotation (or the email confirmation) or that permission from the owner has been granted.
9. The contract is subject to availability of appliance(s), equipment and other materials. Where necessary we will offer a suitable alternative, if available, which will be subject to your acceptance.
10. This price detailed in the quotation includes the supply and installation of all the components and materials required to carry out the work specified unless stated otherwise in these terms and/or the quotation.
11. The price includes VAT unless otherwise stated. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of the order and the date of delivery or performance, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
12. If your heating system qualifies for our 1st year’s fully comprehensive central heating system cover promotion, this will be detailed in the pricing schedule of your quotation. The full terms of this cover can be found here. Please note this cover does not include an annual service. We will write to you 11 months after the installation with information regarding ongoing central heating maintenance packages.
13. We have made an allowance in your quotation price for removing the redundant materials from your property. Should you wish to keep any material, for example the copper cylinder, we will need to make an adjustment to the price detailed in your quotation.
14. The price or prices quoted are valid for 28 days from the date of quotation and are strictly subject to the works being ordered for completion within 90 days of the quotation date. This clause does not apply to special offers which will be subject to variable closing dates, full details of which will be detailed in the offer. Prices are otherwise subject to variation from time to time.
15. If you enter into a separate finance agreement you must ensure you meet the payment terms set out in that agreement.
16. Any balances are payable to the engineer following handover of the system.
17. You must pay all amounts due to us (including any deposits) in accordance with the quotation.
18. Title to goods will not pass to you until we receive payment for the goods in full and cleared funds. If you do not pay all amounts due to us in accordance with the quotation, we may require you upon reasonable notice to return and deliver up goods to us failing which we shall take legal proceedings to recover the goods or their value.
19. If you do not make any payment due to us by the due date for payment, we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
20. If you purchase your boiler and installation online, via our interactive quotation tool, then full payment must be made in full and cleared funds prior to the start of the installation. Alternatively, a finance product must be in place with you and our partner, Novuna Personal Finance. We will introduce the customer to Novuna Personal Finance on a referral basis only.
21. Credit is subject to status and affordability. Terms and conditions apply. Swale Heating Limited, Heard Way, Eurolink Ind, Est, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 3SA (register no. 01076034) act as a credit broker and not the lender. Credit provided by Novuna Personal Finance, a trading style of Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC, authorised and regulated by the financial Conduct Authority (Register no. 704348)