This summer we will be installing our 250,000th boiler - that is on average 5300 boilers a year!
Worthing Homes Case Study
Boiler house refurbishment with retention of hot water storage and services for a Worthing Homes residential accommodation for elderly and vulnerable residents in Worthing, West Sussex.
- Temporary boiler use for the duration of the project to avoid system downtime
- Three Vaillant ecoTEC 100 boilers
- Vaillant low-loss separation plate heat exchanger
- Boiler frame fabricated off-site to facilitate low height flue center
- Grundfos Magna 3D Variable temperature circulator
- Grundfos Magna 1D Constant temperature circulator
- Siemens controls and valves
- Panel design and build, including natural gas and CO detection
- All new boiler house lighting
- Chemical restoration work to the existing heating system
This was an existing, original boiler house installation serving thirty residential flats for elderly and vulnerable residents. The main boiler plant, panel and controls were specified to be replaced including the addition of a separation plate heat exchanger to prevent any existing system contamination affecting the new boilers. A sealed primary heating circuit and open vented secondary heating circuit. Hot water generation was retained.
- Pre-start residents meet and greet coffee morning
- Planned schedule of work
- Temporary boiler service
- Site management
- Supply all M&E materials and labour
- Resident liaison officers to ensure residents needs and concerns were addressed during all phases of the installation