We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2017, taking place 18th – 24th September. In order to encourage safe practice with gas and support all of our Gas Safe registered engineers, we will be highlighting main issues that can occur with gas to our customers in boiler installations, repairs and services.
Worthing Homes Case Study
Boiler house refurbishment with retention of hot water storage and services for a Worthing Homes residential accommodation for elderly and vulnerable residents in Worthing, West Sussex.
- Temporary boiler use for the duration of the project to avoid system downtime
- Three Vaillant ecoTEC 100 boilers
- Vaillant low-loss separation plate heat exchanger
- Boiler frame fabricated off-site to facilitate low height flue center
- Grundfos Magna 3D Variable temperature circulator
- Grundfos Magna 1D Constant temperature circulator
- Siemens controls and valves
- Panel design and build, including natural gas and CO detection
- All new boiler house lighting
- Chemical restoration work to the existing heating system
This was an existing, original boiler house installation serving thirty residential flats for elderly and vulnerable residents. The main boiler plant, panel and controls were specified to be replaced including the addition of a separation plate heat exchanger to prevent any existing system contamination affecting the new boilers. A sealed primary heating circuit and open vented secondary heating circuit. Hot water generation was retained.
- Pre-start residents meet and greet coffee morning
- Planned schedule of work
- Temporary boiler service
- Site management
- Supply all M&E materials and labour
- Resident liaison officers to ensure residents needs and concerns were addressed during all phases of the installation