More often than not, our engineers have found that many of the public are misinformed about what is fact concerning wood burners and stoves and what is fiction. To help you, we have composed a list of frequent misconceptions of wood burners and the real truth.
Wattons Lodge Case Study
Full boiler house refurbishment with the use of a temporary boiler in Wattons Lodge, an Orbit Homes residential accommodation for elderly and vulnerable residents, Southam, Warwickshire.
- Temporary boiler use for the duration of the project to avoid system downtime
- Three Vaillant ecoTEC 120 boilers
- Vaillant low-loss separation plate heat exchanger
- Grundfos Magna 3D Variable temperature circulator
- Grundfos Magna 1D Constant temperature circulator
- Siemens controls and valves
- Panel design and build, including natural gas and CO detection
- All new boiler house lighting
- Chemical restoration work to the existing heating system
Swale Heating were called to the site to investigate the loss of heating and hot water. The boilers and parts had over the years become obsolete and three out of five boilers had been condemned. On arrival, the engineer found that the fourth boiler had failed and the last boiler was struggling to cope with the demand of the system. Within 24hrs Swale Heating had a temporary boiler delivered and connected to reinstate the heating and hot water.
We quoted for and installed an entirely new boiler house all within eight weeks, saving the client further costs on temporary heating. Swale Heating took full control of all installation planning and operation directly with the scheme manager.
- Pre-start residents meeting with the scheme manager
- Planned schedule of work
- Temporary boiler service
- Site management
- Supply all M&E materials and labour
- Resident liaison officers to ensure residents needs and concerns were addressed during all phases of the installation