Gas Safety Week is a national campaign aimed to raise awareness regarding the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances.
The campaign is supported by MPs with some creating videos to raise awareness. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the dangers of a faulty gas appliance. These can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
You should always use a Gas Safe engineer when fitting, fixing and servicing your appliances. All our engineers at Swale Heating are Gas Safe and can safely carry out anything you need for your boiler. It is vital that your boiler is serviced annually. Just like car services, these check that your boiler is working effectively and more importantly safely; failing to do this can lead to serious health problems if your boiler is defective. All our engineers will carry a Gas Safe Register ID card, so always be sure to ask to see this.
For more information regarding boiler servicing with Swale Heating, click here.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is the silent killer when you have a faulty boiler. Carbon monoxide is an invisible gas as it cannot be seen nor can it be smelt. To prevent it from poisoning you, purchase an audible carbon monoxide alarm and know the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning: headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
Gas Safety Week is a great initiative to promote awareness for your boiler’s maintenance and safety. You can find more information about the scheme here where they also have more tips for staying safe.