DON’T MISS OUT ON BOILER CASHBACK SCHEME!
Warmer weather means that it’s now the perfect time for Londoners to apply for the funds still available through the London Boiler Cashback Scheme to replace old and inefficient boilers.
Under the scheme, Swale Heating has already installed dozens of new boilers for London homeowners and landlords, who are then able to apply for £400 cashback as long as they meet the criteria.
The £2.6m initiative, launched in February, offers the money towards a new energy-efficient boiler. Thousands of Londoners are entitled to qualify for the replacement boilers, which could provide savings of around £340* on annual heating bills.
“As part of the boiler cashback scheme, we’re still offering London-based homeowners and landlords an amazing deal on a new boiler installation if they meet the criteria. If you live in any one of London’s 32 boroughs^ or the City of London, you could be eligible,” says Swale Heating’s Sales Director, Matthew Edwards.
“If your home is reliant on an old, inefficient boiler to power your central heating then you could be paying out a lot more than you should be on your monthly heating bill.
“Moving to a new A-rated boiler would help you to significantly reduce your outgoings and also allow you to enjoy the benefits of a reliable new boiler.”
Londoners must meet certain criteria to qualify for the scheme. These include:
- The property must be in London
- The applicant must be a home owner or an accredited private landlord
- The current boiler must be 70% or less efficient (typically a G rated boiler that is either gas, LPG, solid fuel or oil fuelled), in working order and the main boiler used to heat the home
- The replacement must be a gas boiler that is A rated (at least 90 per cent energy efficient) or a renewable heating technology
- The installer must be a Gas Safe (formally CORGI) registered installer, a Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) certified installer or equivalent, or a member of a competent persons scheme (such as OFTEC or HETAS)
You are not eligible if any of the following apply:
- Your main source of heating is an electric boiler or electric heater(s)
- Your current boiler is more than 70% efficient
- Your current boiler is not the main boiler used to heat your home
- Your current boiler is not in working order
- You are a boiler installer or manufacturer
- Your property is not in London
- You are a council, housing associations or private tenant. If you are a private tenant, your landlord may be eligible to apply – so you may want to tell your landlord about this scheme
- You are a private landlord and neither you nor the agent managing your property are London Rental Standard-accredited
For further advice or to find out how to apply, contact Swale Heating’s sales team on 0800 731 33 44 or visit www.swaleheating.com