Due to expansion, we are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work in and around South London. As a suitable candidate for the role, you must have all the essential gas qualifications, excellent coaching skills and a clear focus on the quality of your work.
WAIT! What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits which include:
- Company van + fuel card
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25 with length of service (FTE)
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Discounted gym
- Cinema and shopping vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Discounted healthcare plan
- Career development
- Great working environment
We also provide a challenging yet rewarding work environment with opportunities for career development.
What do we need from you?
- CCN1, CPA1, CKR1, HTR1, CENWAT (Minimum of six months before expiry)
- Energy Efficiency
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 6 – 8 year’s field experience carrying out heating installations
- Experienced in gas auditing
- Demonstrable customer care skills, handling both technical and non-technical issues
- Leadership skills including coaching and counselling team members
- The ability to deliver technical training material or presentations
- Knowledge of Oil, Renewable Technology, Solid Fuel and Electrics. (Qualifications preferred)
About the role
Key tasks include:
- Carry out work in progress inspection audits on all field staff
- Carry out post inspection audits
- Assess competency of engineers in the field
- Identify Training needs of those audits that highlight deficiencies
- Occasionally required to follow up on customer complaints and third-party audit failings
- Maintain the standard of best practice in the field
- Provide information in relation to investigations
- Provide on-site training for operatives whilst carrying out audits
- Issue and record corrective action identified in the audit
- Occasionally act as a “buddy” to new engineers to gas
- Manage your own work load and reporting to ensure KPI figures are met
- Work with the SHEQ Team to ensure audit reporting is completed and up to date
- Being a mentor to any apprentice or trainee
- Liaise with SHE Manager regarding PPE checking at audit checks
- Ensure engineers are working within the Health and Safety Plan
- Report to the SHE Manager and act upon any weakness in safe job procedures, as revealed by health and safety risk assessments and observations
- Customer Focus
- Quality Orientation
- Safety Awareness
- Maintaining work standards
- Continuous Improvement
Salary: £37000-£39,000 + 8% of salary location premium
Level: Field based
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Type: Permanent
If you are interested in the role then please apply using the application form on the right-hand side of this page.
If you would like further information, contact the recruitment team on 01795 513999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, CV’s are viewed on receipt. Therefore, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
Swale Heating Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from every section of the community.