Salary: £33,176 - £40,602 + productivity
We are currently recruiting for Technicians, Senior Technicians and Call-Out Engineers in the Brighton and Hasting areas. As a suitable candidate for these roles, you must have all the essential gas qualifications, excellent customer service skills and have a clear focus on the quality of your work. You must be credible and comfortable when dealing with our clients and office staff. We are looking for high calibre engineers who are reliable, responsible, determined and can also be a team player.
Swale Heating is one of the largest independent heating companies in the South East of England. We are relied on to keep over 125,000 households across the South East, London and East Anglia safe and warm. This is a unique opportunity to work with a growing, award winning company that is committed to the continuous learning and training of its employees.
WAIT! What’s in it for you?
Our company benefits include:
- Training (changes depending on role)
- Fully equipped van, full uniform, safety equipment and relevant training
- Access to a range of training courses and qualifications through our Logic accredited training centre including gas qualifications
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays (increased through length of service)
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Access to discounted boilers and tools through our supply chain
- Overtime and call out options
- Employee assistance programme
- Engineer leadership development programme
- Access to the Headspace meditation app
- Access to the Sodexo benefits portal
What do we need from you?
- CCN1, CPA1, CKR1, HTR1, CENWAT (minimum of six months before expiry)
- Energy efficiency
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Minimum of 2 years gas servicing and maintenance experience preferred
Nice to have but not essential:
- Up-to-date Asbestos Awareness certificate
- Solar thermal
- Unvented hot water
- Air source heat pumps
- Ground source heat pumps
- OFTEC, HETAS, LPG
- Auditing – VRQ3, SSSTS
About the role:
Being at the leading edge of the Swale Heating operations, you are expected to provide and deliver a quality system of work in the areas of gas and plumbing repairs and maintenance in a timely manner.
As a Gas Engineer at Swale Heating, your responsibilities are to provide a safe breakdown and maintenance service in accordance with the requirements of Gas Safe and the company's quality manual whilst upholding Swale Heating's reputation for delivering excellent customer service.
You are expected to meet the targets set for you to achieve this role. These include, but are not limited to, productivity, customer satisfaction and cost per job. You will be Gas Safe qualified and ensure that all your qualifications are current. This role is also of a physical nature and may involve lifting heavy equipment or working at height.
The company operates extensive IT systems and mobile technology. You will be expected to familiarise yourself with the operation of such systems that may be available to you and as used by others, such as tablets and mobile phones.
- To achieve a first-time fix in excess of 75%
- To minimise parts costs
- To maintain customer satisfaction
- Identify where situations or conditions are to unsafe standards and take appropriate actions within your remit
- Ensure that your actions put the safety of other employees and or residents first
- Proactively seek to improve customer service and process
- Investigation and resolution of complaint jobs
- Carry out task as set to you by the Regional Field Manager
- Use and maintain tools, equipment and personal protective equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Any other duties as set to you by other Managers or Directors
- Customer focus
- Quality orientation
- Safety awareness
- Maintaining work standards
- Continuous improvement
Level: Field based
Hours: 45 hours per week
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
If you would like further information, contact the recruitment team on 01795 513999 or email email@example.com.
Please note, CV’s are viewed on receipt. Therefore, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers.
Swale Heating Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from every section of the community.