Gas Safety Week 2019 is here! See our latest blog with top tips on how to keep you and your loved ones safe.
Swale Heating Anti-Slavery Policy
Modern slavery is a heinous crime that impacts societies across the globe and could affect up to 13,000 victims in the UK alone (Home Office estimates 2015). Swale Heating can state that we have found no acts of slavery or human trafficking within our organisation. The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) takes responsibility for implementing this policy and code of conduct and will ensure that sufficient resources are made available to prevent slavery and human trafficking as a result of any of the activities of our business.
In order to ensure that Swale Heating and our supply chain comply with the Modern Slavery Act (2015) the SLT have taken steps to introduce the following processes in our business:
- Ensure that minimum labour standards are expected and maintained by the business and our suppliers
- Clearly identify who in the company is responsible for monitoring and investigating the risks of modern slavery and ensuring that basic labour standards are adhered to
- Seek assurances and conduct due diligence on suppliers to ensure that they adhere to the Modern Slavery Act
- Provide guidance to our managers in the form of the Code of Conduct
- Provide mechanisms for the confidential reporting of potential breaches of this policy, either within the company or its supply chain